Ph.D.: New Student Guide
New Ph.D. student orientation events
The Bioengineering Departmental Orientation for new Ph.D. students date tbd.
Before New Student Orientation begins, new Ph.D. students are encouraged to:
- Review the department’s Course Requirements and General Plan of Study.
- BE aware that courses must be at the graduate level – 5000 and above.
- Review the Course and Room Roster on the Office of the University Registrar’s web pages.
- You can access the new registration system here:
- Please review the new student check list made available for your convenience by the Graduate Student Center.
Special note for Ph.D. students: Please stop by the Towne Business Office (297 Towne Building) upon your arrival to complete important payroll paperwork! Questions about payroll can be sent via email to email@example.com
Helpful links For Registration:
- Bioengineering Courses
- Office of the University Registrar
- Once you have discussed your courses with your advisor or graduate group chair, you may register through https://srfs.upenn.edu/path-at-penn
Getting Started at Penn:
- Campus Express
- Ready for Penn
- PennCard/Student ID Card
- Penn Portal
- International Student and Scholar Services, Application for I-20
- Penn Graduate Student Center New Student Info
- Student Financial Services
- Student Health/Insurance Services
- Traveling to Penn
- Philadelphia Guide
- Philadelphia Information
- Campus Maps
- On-Campus Housing
- Off-Campus Living
Your BE Contact:
Graduate Student Groups: