Ph.D.: New Student Guide
New Ph.D. student orientation events
The Bioengineering Departmental Orientation for new Ph.D. students will be held on August 29th.
Before New Student Orientation begins, new Ph.D. students are encouraged to:
- Complete the Permit to Register Form. When completing the “Permit to Register Form,” please reference the department’s Course Requirements and General Plan of Study.
- Our list of approved courses is very helpful with course selection.
- Email a pdf of your Permit to Register form over the summer to Kathy Venit so that your registration process can begin before the fall semester. Once the hold is removed from your registration, you will be able to register through Penn InTouch.
- BE aware that courses must be at the graduate level – 500 and above.
- Review the Course and Room Roster on the Office of the University Registrar’s web pages.
- Please review the new student check list made available for your convenience by the Graduate Student Center.
Special note for Ph.D. students: Please stop by the Towne Business Office (297 Towne Building) upon your arrival to complete important payroll paperwork! Questions about payroll can be sent via email to email@example.com
Helpful links For Registration:
- Bioengineering Courses
- Office of the University Registrar
- Once your course selection has been approved, you may register through Penn InTouch.
Getting Started at Penn:
- Campus Express
- Ready for Penn
- PennCard/Student ID Card
- Penn Portal
- International Student and Scholar Services, Application for I-20
- Penn Graduate Student Center New Student Info
- Student Financial Services
- Student Health/Insurance Services
- Traveling to Penn
- Philadelphia Guide
- Philadelphia Information
- Campus Maps
- On-Campus Housing
- Off-Campus Living
Your BE Contact:
Graduate Student Groups: