Ph.D. Student Handbook
Please be sure to discuss course selection with your thesis advisor, the Bioegnineering Graduate Group Chair or the Associate Director of Graduate Programs. All courses must be graduate level and meet the requirements of the program.
The requirements of the program are listed below. Courses should be chosen in consultation with the advisor.
- 3 course units in Bioengineering Fundamentals
Bioengineering and Engineering courses devoted to analytical methods, modeling as well as experimental methods and data analysis or any grad level Bioengineering course. These courses should be chosen in consultation with the advisor, focusing on the concentration.
- 2 Research Discipline Specific Courses
These courses should be chosen in consultation with the advisor.
- 2 course units in Mathematics
Suggested courses include: ENM 5100, 5110, ENM 5020, BE 5100
- 2 course units in Biological Science Many students take one course in cell biology and one course in systems physiology to broaden the student’s biological background and emphasize the quantitative aspects of living systems.
- Bioengineering Seminar
A minimum of 2 semesters is required (BE 6990) (.5 cu each), usually in the first year. Learn more about the Bioengineering Seminar.
- Dissertation Research, Balance of University Requirements BE 9990
TOTAL: 9 courses and 2 seminars
Your BE Contact:
Graduate Student Groups: